Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FS51 - Birthday Roses


Here is my card for Featured Stamper on Sunday (FS 51 Stamping Pam) - using my new Kitchen Sink Stamps 3-step Hearts & Roses. Here is the beautiful card I cased from Pam Are You Ready For Spring CASE. I changed colors, set, embellishments.

I knew I'd love this set (was bummed when SU! retired Roses in Winter but I have to admit I am more drawn to realistic flowers most and this fits the bill PERFECTLY). It's so easy to use layering all the roses because they're clear and you can 'see' your placement. After I was done, I regretted not masking the flowers so I could make the leaves more realistic 'behind' the roses. But, I didn't really want to start over. Note to self for next time.

My 3-step colors for the roses (there are really 4) are Cameo Coral stamped off, Groovy Guava stamped off, Groovy Guava full, Really Rust.

My 3-step colors for the leaves (there are 3) are Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke.
I used the floral background on the guava base. Sentiment is Stampin' Up! Sincere Salutations, which was a Christmas gift to demos 2006 (I believe) and use it ALL the time as I love the mixed script & print.
Pin It

11 comments on "FS51 - Birthday Roses"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 1:44 PM CST said...

Gorgeous roses, Donna!

blah on 3:01 PM CST said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love this set and those roses are really realistic.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 3:39 PM CST said...

Pretty! They do look so realistic

Dawn Easton on 3:43 PM CST said...

BEAUTIFUL Donna! I love those roses! Gorgeous card!

Unknown on 7:11 PM CST said...

Beautiful Donna - this is perfect!

Rose Ann on 10:28 PM CST said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Donna! I love the colors you chose, and your lace background!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those roses are fabulous! What a gorgeous card!

Melanie on 11:48 PM CST said...

I MUST HAVE THOSE ROSES!!!!!!!!!! swoon!

Jennie Skaggs on 12:44 AM CST said...

What a beautiful card. Love the details and the way yu photographed it. Jennie

Ila on 8:50 AM CST said...

This is So So Beautiful!!..I am not much of a person for roses but this is Amazing!!

Heather S. on 1:03 PM CST said...

That is so pretty, maybe I need to go check out their stamps. Fun!

Post a Comment