Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some Monkey Love for Melanie


This is for you, Melanie. I am giving up some 'Monkey Love' for the first set you designed for Gina K Designs. Since the debut last week, most people have said the Hippo or Giraffe was their favorite animal. I have to admit mine is the Giraffe too (because of the heart spots) but I also think the monkey is cute too! So when I was shopping at the $1 Target Spot the other day and saw this heart-shaped post-it pad I knew the monkey would be adorable on the front. The only way I figured to make it work was to keep it shut with the ribbon at the top because of the post-it shape. I just didn't have time to over-think it so this is how it turned out. I used my Hanna Stamps Perfect Package set for the bow on her head and added some stardust stickles to make it shine.
Pin It

6 comments on "Some Monkey Love for Melanie"

Melanie on 9:42 AM CST said...

ROTFLMBO! I've been planning on tucking a little flower behind somebody's ear, but THAT takes the cake!!!! TOO awesome!!!

Dawn Wheeler on 10:33 AM CST said...

This card is so adorable ,Dawnx

Unknown on 12:22 PM CST said...

cute!

Angie Tieman on 5:16 PM CST said...

How pretty! Love the sparkle and Stickles! So clever to use that heart-shaped post-it pad too, I'll have to go to Target now and search for that, very dangerous!

Rose Ann on 7:11 PM CST said...

This is so cute, Donna!! I'm so glad I've ordered this set!

Deb Wood on 5:36 PM CST said...

My favorite is definitely the Hippo, which for some reason I referred to as an elephant for days, as you know! Do you think my hubby will buy me a present for Martin Luther King day? I really want this, gonna have to ask! This is adorable!! Great find!!

Post a Comment