Saturday, February 23, 2008

Baby Shower Invitation Ideas - Final!!!



I'm so excited I have a final idea from CknODaC on SCS who got her inspiration from several others. Thank God, because I was really beginning to struggle with coming up with something 'perfect' and I think this is it!!! Thanks everyone for the input!
These are the rejects:

Here's the second idea I had (thanks to Melanie for the cb bg idea). I had to scrap the first because it was too 'girly' with my glitter bg paper (you can see it in my SCS gallery though). I used my Occasions mini 'In the Stars' set in Barely Banana on the bg. I like this card but not totally loving it.

Then I changed a few things here. I like the more colorful umbrella and the circle with 'baby shower' from PTI's Borders & Corners set (added an eyelet and now it sorta looks like a bib, huh?) I changed my yellow to So Saffron because I think Barely Banana is just too light for my taste. Because my focal image is so large, I didn't put a blue mat behind it so as not to cover up the stars on the bg piece. It says 'baby' twinkle twinkle little star do you know how loved you are? I also 'fixed' my hop mark thanks to Melanie too - I was doing it all wrong. After all, the artist should know *wink* oh I realize I have some of the rain drops wonky. I'd fix that once I start production.

So here's where you come in - have any ideas for improvement? Which one do YOU like??! I need to get started on these right away and come up with matching favors, thank you cards & announcements. I just am not feeling any other ideas and need to know if one of these would pass. Ugh...I think the past 2 days I didn't stamp because I wanted/needed a break made me lose my mojo!
Edited to add: card with Shannan's suggestions (basic gray matting on focal image & ribbon instead of the blue strip) - I like it!!!

Thanks!
Pin It

13 comments on "Baby Shower Invitation Ideas - Final!!!"

Melanie on 8:08 PM CST said...

I DIG THE TOP ONE!! ;)

Shannan Teubner on 9:51 PM CST said...

I like the 2nd one, go figure! I would sub ribbon for the blue strip (cause you know how I love ribbon...), and I would mat the focal image with black (or basic gray for a softer look). But you know how I overdo things!! LOL For mass production, I think it's fabulous as it is!

Lee on 10:22 PM CST said...

Oh...well, they are BOTH just wonderful!! But the second one is calling out to me too!! Yes, I MUST need sleep when the cards start talkin' to me!!! LOL I really love the way that eyelet does make the sentiment look like a bib!! And definitely I love the more colorful umbrella!!

Marilyn on 10:29 PM CST said...

I like all three of them - but I especially like the first one and maybe change the sentiment out with the
"baby shower" tag on it - I love that tag with the eyelet - too cute!!

StampDancer on 8:30 AM CST said...

I like the 2nd one best, except I think the green Cuttlebug piece is too bright of a green. It seems to overpower both So Saffron and Barely Banana. Still - it's a great looking card.

Barbara Schram on 10:12 AM CST said...

I would go with No. 1...It feels more baby to me. I have to agree though to maybe change out the tag with the baby shower/eyelet tag! good luck, no matter which one you choose, you can't go wrong! Great job!

Deb Wood on 7:27 PM CST said...

Well I'm certainly no expert and it looks like we haven't been much help here, but I loooove ribbon too so I have to go with the third one and say that they are all adorable and any one would be perfect!! Love the circle tag too!!

Jennifer Buck on 8:14 PM CST said...

Not sure that I can help...I think they are all cute! I'm so sorry..but they are! I can't wait to see what you decide! TFS :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:25 AM CST said...

How very sweet! LOVE that frog!

Rose Ann on 9:44 PM CST said...

Sorry...I can't really choose. They're all just so darn cute, Donna!! Your coloring looks wonderful too!

Deb Wood on 6:54 PM CST said...

Wow, it sure was an awesome suggestion this is so cute I absolutely love the little pocket!!

Anonymous said...

They all look great, but I love the top one!
Hugs and smiles

Melanie on 10:51 PM CST said...

okay, the pocket slide turned out awesome!!!

Post a Comment