Saturday, February 9, 2008

More Monkey Love for Valentine's Day


Look at the little Valentine's gift I took to my friend Melanie! Go check out her post about how her monkey is wilder than my monkey! It is TOO funny! I found this pink monkey at Wal-Mart, it is adorable & soft and has a button on its tummy when you squeeze it kisses! So I made a big 'ol (12 x 12 cardstock) box scored it at 4 " 8" on both sides and I scalloped the edges with my corner rounder punch. How do you like the double-sided balloon with wire? I made two hearts & stamped a different greeting and attached with a rolled up mini glue dot behind the monkey's hand so you can turn to see the other side. I love it. I was so proud of myself after completing this box. Melanie really liked it too, so to see the smile on her face and get a warm 'thank you' hug was so worth all the effort! What about that monkey list pad?! That came from the $1 Target spot...too cute.
Oh and look at the velvet flowers behind BOTH the monkey's ears! Here's the close-up on the monkey on the box. Those came from Papertrey - I love that there's tiny ones too!
Did you see the sneak peek of Melanie's new set Just so Hoppy?! It is too darn cute! Gina also has sneaks of the other 3 sets being released tomorrow. Don't forget to check out Gina K's new stamps release party tomorrow night 7:00 - 9:00 pm central on SCS. I'll be there for sure - hope YOU are too!
Pin It

5 comments on "More Monkey Love for Valentine's Day"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 1:15 PM CST said...

Donna, this is absolutely ADORABLE! Oh my goodness! Love that pink monkey!

Barbara Schram on 1:44 PM CST said...

OMGosh Donna...I finally have had time to browse your blog! You are so creative and are having a great time with Just so Hippy! I can't wait for the new set of Melanies! I love your work and will be checking in often!

Linsey R on 4:16 PM CST said...

super cute cards, Donna! I tagged you with an Excellent Blog Award! If you want to pass it on, visit my blog! ~hugs~

Rose Ann on 4:30 AM CST said...

Oh my gosh....so, so cute, Donna!! i bet she loved it!!

Melanie on 12:53 PM CST said...

I'M SO LUCKY!!!!

I only JUSt noticed last nihgt you made the flwoer behidn the stuffed moneky's ear, when you were pointing it out I thought you meant the one on the box!! We sure are enjoying him over here, heard that wolf whistle about a hundred times since Friday! :)

Post a Comment