Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cupcake Mojo #22


So I was too late to enter this for Julee's Mojo Week #22 but I made it this weekend (not sure why I have not done them before, they're great sketches!


I actually figured out my camera has a white balance in the menu - here is Simone's Daily Dose of Spazz link from the tutorial she read on twopeas) on how to get a better picture. I had no idea my camera would have it, but it did. I don't think this picture is the greatest, but I think it's better than before!! It's awesome there's no shadow from the cupcake stand, just a slight one on the card.


I used my Basic Grey Two Scoops paper (even behind the clear button) and look how cute those rows of stickers are! They were part of my loot from eP (courtesy of Stampendous) - so fun!!



Here's a tip:
Don't you love the 6x6 paper pads? Well, most likely you're cutting it down to fit on a card leaving small pieces - I used to shove them back in the pad...but decided to put a clear envelope on the inside flap to put them in there so I can 'see' what scraps I have & can use on a future project. But even more...are you ever curious what great SU! 48+ colors will match with the Basic Grey? Well, I wrote on the inside for reference when I'm about to make a card so it takes the guesswork out for me to recall the colors (now I have to go back to my other pads & do this). Pin It

8 comments on "Cupcake Mojo #22"

Melanie on 12:21 PM CST said...

These are GREAT TIPS! Somenose just emailed me askign how to store scraps, i love this! And the color chart idea, too cool thumbs up! :)

Marilyn on 1:31 PM CST said...

That cupcake holder is the neatest find ever - it is the perfect accent to all your cupcake cards!! Love it! Basic Grey is one of my favs too - thanks for sharing the tip on how to keep up with the color combos - that helps! Love this card too - did you emboss the zigzag stitching - it really looks 3D! I love it all!

Melissa on 1:55 PM CST said...

Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 3:44 PM CST said...

Fantastic tip...My scraps are everywhere. I love Julee's challenges. I did alot in the beginning, but not in a few weeks.

Unknown on 5:58 PM CST said...

I think the picture is great, crystal clear!
Awesome card.

kathy on 9:45 PM CST said...

Wow the picture is great and what a great tip

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 2:13 AM CST said...

Oh My....how cute is this!!! Too much talent for one stamper!!!

Linsey R on 4:11 PM CST said...

omgosh, that's genius! I will stick a clear envelope on my 6x6's and try to write down good notes like that--I want to be like you, hehe! This card and photo totally ROCK! That cupcake stand looks so stinkin' yummy! Thanks for inspiring and sharing your talent!

Post a Comment