Monday, February 25, 2008

Brayered Sky Sympathy



A co-worker asked me to make a sympathy card for a business associate who lost their father. 7 times out of 10 I reach for my Lovely as a Tree for these type of cards especially when you need to have more of a neutral feel to it (flowers speak femininity to me more in these cases). So I decided to try the Brayered Sky technique on splitcoast which was highlighted about a month ago I believe. What more appropriate background to complement the tree than the Leaves 3 backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms? I believe I should have placed the brads in the upper left corner though.
Pin It

7 comments on "Brayered Sky Sympathy"

Rose Ann on 8:28 AM CST said...

Your card is very beautiful, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated! Your brayering looks lovely!

Lee on 2:43 PM CST said...

That is a very beautiful, yet appropriate card for a sympathy card. That's the reason I just ordered that Lovely As A Tree set too!!

Denise on 3:47 PM CST said...

Very nice card, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL sympathy card, Donna!
Hugs and smiles

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 5:04 PM CST said...

Donna~ A beautiful card. I too had to make a sympathy card. I don't have the lovely tree set, but found Embrace Life a great set too. Hugs, chris

Michele Kovack on 7:41 PM CST said...

This is simply elegant!!!

Linsey R on 12:49 AM CST said...

this is so lovely, Donna. What a kind heart you have. I'm certain this card was comforting and meaningful to the recipient. Beautiful work.

Post a Comment