Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wanna Monkey Around??


o.k. since Melanie didn't post any 'swinging monkeys or nakey doctors' yesterday, I figured I would! I totally forgot I had this cute Changito the Monkey Acrylic set I got at Archiver's (you can get at eP) Check out his bunch 'o bananas?? When I showed it to DH--he raised his eyebrows, smiled & gave me the thumbs up (va voom) that's because he was playing his Halo 3 live (and had a microphone on).

This was a fun card...and was inspired not only by Melanie's Tarzan swinging monkey but by the new set My Favorite Things is coming out with 'twisted sentiment'. Tomorrow they're having a release party on SCS! Hope to catch a little of it. I'm sure it will be a riot. I have to link Mary Jo Albright's card from yesterday because it is so cute - hold on to your seat (she even has a disclaimer & faded out the greeting on the original post just in case of offense. But, my thoughts on that are - hey it's your blog and you have freedom of speech (but it was good to have the disclaimer) HA! She really is an ARTIST when it comes to stamping, her creations are really knock your socks off good (note to self: good idea for a RAK for Mary Jo). Pin It

13 comments on "Wanna Monkey Around??"

Michele Kovack on 6:31 AM CST said...

ADORABLE!!!

Dawn Wheeler on 7:10 AM CST said...

Arrr realy cute card love it ,Dawnx

Dawn Easton on 7:44 AM CST said...

rofl Donna! Love it! This would be a great card to leave in my husband's lunchbox! haha! He'd get a kick out of it for sure!

Unknown on 11:22 AM CST said...

so cute!
Thanks for pointing me towards the twisted sentiments...I've been known to be a tad twisted myself. lol

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 5:00 PM CST said...

Great job of coloring your monkey!

Anonymous said...

Cute Monkey! I am sooo getting the twisted sentiments...I can't wait! I love sexy stuff!
Nancy Panko

Michelle B on 10:07 PM CST said...

Adorable monkey... Love this card.

Hugs,
Michelle

Rose Ann on 4:02 AM CST said...

Such a cute and fabulous card, Donna!! I love your bananas, and all the other details!!

I was at the MFT party, and it was a blast. Could hardly keep up, tho. Lol!

Melanie on 8:08 AM CST said...

I wanted a "monkey around" senitment in my set, GINA thought that might not be appropriate for KIDS (eyeroll) it's all good! GREAT card! ;)

Marilyn on 9:40 AM CST said...

Love all the monkey cards - don't have any monkey stamps myself, but am thinking I need to get one - these are great!!

Kristine on 12:07 PM CST said...

This one's also cute! -specially the saying ;)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:31 PM CST said...

So cute! The Changito stamp is perfect!

sophia landry on 11:58 AM CST said...

This monkey is incredibly versatile! I love to see him swinging around in proper monkey style lol. I also noticed the other day that cupcake card holder down below. Wow, that so looks good enough to eat, along with the card! Scrumptious!. Great work and great talent seem to go hand in hand with you :)
cheers

Post a Comment