Monday, February 11, 2008

Kimmie's Kreation Challenges


I was like a stamper on a mission this weekend! I love Kimmie's blog - Kraftin' Kimmie's Korner so when she set out to celebrate her birthday with daily challenges, I snuck a peek all week & started to think about what I would do. Here are my creations for the challenges. Enjoy

KKCC1 - Alter an Item
My first item was a Target $1 spot pink paper frame. I used Melanie's Just so Hippy set (the daisy) stamped in Pretty in Pink craft and sponged. I really like how this turned out and plan to send it to my niece soon (she is 22 months old & lives in another state but I call to talk to her a few times a week and see her on the webcam too. I'll be visiting in May when her baby brother is born (yea) This picture was taken in Nov the morning after she first called me 'AUNTIE' and my heart melted like never before.

KKCC2 - Sketch Challenge
My inspiration for these colors came from the DCWV Glitter Stack cardstock with browns, apricot & pinks. Cinnamon stickles for the frosting - yum.

KKCC3 - Colour Challenge (Spring Colors) I used a stamped image by Stampendous that came with my goodies I won for eP's 1st Birthday Cupcake Challenge a few weeks ago. This little bunny is TOO cute. The swiss dot embossing folder bg is so great (I embossed them at Melanie's the other day, wish I'd have done more, she got all the new folders, they are so nice and now they're all sold out and/or backordered, ugh)

KKCC4 - Valentine or Lovey Challenge - Used Stampin' Up! Simply Said heart and the center one has Fruit Punch Stickles. The 'love you' is from Just so Hippy by Gina K Designs.

KKCC5 - Paper Piecing - first time using MFT Meet Me at the Cafe (borrowed from Melanie). I don't imagine owning this set, but it sure was fun to use for this challenge. I used my DCWV Glitter Stack with pinks & browns. Colored with copics (going to send this to a friend that I haven't seen in months, we used to work together & when she quit we would still occasionally meet for lunch but she moved jobs again & we haven't had lunch in a long time. We used to eat at La Madeleine-the French Bakery & Cafe...that place is SO good.

KKCC6 - create a Thank You or Thinking of You or You are Special to Me creation
I made this to send to Beate (I doubt she will see this post) I used her weekend sketch 34 for it & wanted to send it as a Thank You for a great sketch EVERY Friday to kick off the weekend!! I used Posies For You by Anna Wight (for Whipper Snapper) and colored with my copics. The cb background is another new one but I don't know the name and I'm too lazy too look it up (sorry, I am at work but I think it's Floral Fantasy or something)

Pin It

15 comments on "Kimmie's Kreation Challenges"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:05 AM CST said...

You certainly were on a mission! Look at that ADORABLE picture of you and your niece! You two are just too CUTE! Wonderful projects, Donna! I love every one!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas on 3:34 PM CST said...

Wow you sure where a busy girl. I especially love the cafe' scene and the cupcake card. Great job on her challenges. I love her blog too! chris

Kraftin' Kimmie on 3:49 PM CST said...

WOW!! I can't believe you completed them ALL!!! That's amazing and they are all gorgeous!! Especially the picture frame....what a great photo!!! Thanks a lot Donna!! You did a fabulous job!!!

Unknown on 6:03 PM CST said...

These are all great! You've been crazy creative lately...good for you!

Kristine on 6:41 PM CST said...

Oh, you are so ON THE BALL girlie!! :) Wish I had the TIME to work on these, but seriously--all of these items are 100% WOWZERS!! LOVE the cute li'l bunny peeking from behind the egg. And that picture frame is perfect to show off 2 Ca-UTE Gals!! :) Love your cuttlebugging on these too. Good for you!! I love Kimmie's blog too. Lotsa inspiration. Haven't had time to stamp today--kids have piano and had to go to PO after work, but can't WAIT to get coloring those fun HANNAs you sent!! :) {{hugs}}

OH YA, I forgot to mention those 2 candies you sent. The girls took them immediately so I didn't get a picture. Forgot to mention those--THANK YOU!! ;)

Linsey R on 7:06 PM CST said...

om word, this is almost too much great stuff for one day! Almost, mind you! Ok, what a cutie patootie your niece is (and you're pretty cute yourself)! Your picture frame is darling. Love the stamped daisies and the big, pretty flower! Great title plate too! Cupcake card...YUMM-O, nuff said. What a precious Easter card! I LOVE that swiss dot folder and your sweet grass, so cute! Super dp and coloring of the egg too! I'm impatiently awaiting my new embossing folders that are on backorder *whhaaahh*! Such a pretty Valentine card with the 3 hearts-triple the sweetness-and love the stickle sparkle! Your MFT card is just fabulous! I love this set too, but cannot fathom what I would do with it! Isn't is awesome to borrow and trade so you don't havta have everything! The paper peiced outfits are totally chic! Great work and majorly inspiring!

Linsey R on 7:08 PM CST said...

woah, I almost forgot your card for Beate (smak!) That is so beautiful! She is sure to adore it and she's needs an appreciation card, for sure! Thanks for that! xoxox

Rose Ann on 9:17 PM CST said...

Oh my goodness, Donna! You are a busy one, aren't you? I love your frame and darling picture!! All of your cards are wonderful, and I love the embossing, colors...everything!

Kanani on 9:43 PM CST said...

They are all so pretty I can't pick a favorite! Just Beautiful!

The Crafty Goddess

Marilyn on 11:02 PM CST said...

You've outdone yourself again - I just love the frame of you and your niece - just darling!! Thanks a MILLION for the awesome card that you sent me!! I've got to get busy now creating with those images - no more saying "I don't have..." Thank you!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 5:58 AM CST said...

Great set of cards and frame Donna! Love the easter one, the paper-pieced one, the rest of them... :o) The dry embossed BG looks great on the last one... I just ordered my embossing folder. :o) TFS!

Gina on 7:49 AM CST said...

Beautiful cards, esp love the cupcake theme! :O)

Angie Tieman on 9:47 PM CST said...

These are the cutest creations!! YOu have been so busy, I"m impressed with all that you get done! WIsh I could do that! I'm totally casing that heart Valentine "love you" card for dh! It fits in perfectly with my recent "glitter" phase!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte on 10:50 AM CST said...

Oh my...you have been the busy bee....Love it All Donna!!!!

Charlene Austin on 8:46 PM CST said...

Holy Smokes!! These are all so amazing. Love them all.

Thanks for commenting on my new blog. That was so nice of you!

Post a Comment