Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monkey 'Business'


Business card holder - to be exact. When Gina K had their release party on Sunday night & issued some challenges, this is the one (3-d Challenge) I wanted to create something very unique for.

So as I was working (at my full-time job) yesterday, the thought came to me-how about a business card holder with the monkey from Just so Hippy holding a sign and the sign could say 'call me'. Great...then came the time to execute it, wow...I immediately went home, changed my clothes, grabbed a glass of tea and sprang into action. It was 'rough' to say the least but I managed to do it and even covered it in DP because I dind't know how to figure out the sides-it didn't come out perfectly (but perfection I did not have time for since the upload deadline is 11:00 a.m. central today) and here I am again at work. I am not much of a night owl for stamping, so my weekends (as long as DH doesn't take me away from them) are marathon stamping times for me. And then there's the occasional morning I have to do something or other & I make myself late or I have to miss breakfast because of a project to do.
p.s. - I'll share my other stuff later but if you want to check it out now - go to my SCS gallery (linked on the right under my profile)
Pin It

9 comments on "Monkey 'Business'"

sophia landry on 10:20 AM CST said...

what a great idea and execution of idea! Never would have crossed my mind! And it looks so adorable and fun with those papers and image. and also I awarded you a little something on my Blog so feel free to check out if you feel like it!

Unknown on 11:11 AM CST said...

This is so cute and creative!! Great job!

Melanie on 11:14 AM CST said...

wow, I look forward to seeing how you made that, although it looks like it takes more time that I can spend right now!! really cool holder, I hope you win! love the "call me"!

Kristine on 4:31 PM CST said...

Well isn't that just CUTE! How creative of you Donna--but THAT doesn't surprise me...you're always very creative ;) I made a card with one of your Hanna images today! Thanks again for sending them!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:15 PM CST said...

Oh how fun! You're so creative, Donna!

Angie Tieman on 9:45 PM CST said...

Oh wow, this is so super cute!! What a great idea and how clever of you to create it! Love it!

Rose Ann on 3:39 AM CST said...

Oh my gosh....that is way awesome, Donna! So cute and useful too! Hope you win!! ;)

Martha on 4:12 PM CST said...

What a great idea....I'm a Pampered Chef consultant, now wouldn't that be so cute on my table at a show??

Barbara Schram on 6:26 PM CST said...

This is sooooo clever...what a great idea. Love how this looks...the monkey is perfect, and gotta love that wire.

Post a Comment