Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Cupcake Friday to ME!!


I love Fridays for SO many reasons; I only work 4 hours so I either get to run errands, visit friends, take a nap, stamp - whatever I'd like after 12:00 or I get to sleep in (every 4th Friday I work late shift 1:00-5:00) It's such a 'SWEET' deal and one of the many reasons I enjoy my full-time job. Well, yesterday was special for lots of other reasons too! I visited with a former co-worker I hadn't talked to since I was laid-off from the job (it was a blessing) about 2 1/2 years ago! We have kept in touch via email though. It was wonderful to hear her say she missed me and get a hug from her (I miss you too Tracey!)

Anyway, it's also Beate's Weekend Sketch, which I didn't start doing until a few weeks ago & I'm hooked-what took me so long to get in on all that fun!?!? Then, it's Taylor's Cupcake Challenge (she has had Cupcake Friday for a while now where she highlights projects made with cupcakes-so fun) and to top it all off with a CHERRY - I got my loot (winnings from eP's One-Year Birthday Challenge) So I must brag (I mean show) you what I got! Then show you what I did with these sketches & my new eP Exclusive clear set by Stampendous Hey There Cupcake I couldn't show it all to you in one picture-the cute pail was FULL of this stuff (except the stamped Easter images, they wouldn't fit in the pail)

This is the Thank You card I got from Joy & Daisy...isn't it cute? I am HOOKED on this set, I could barely put it down to stamp with other stuff since last night, all the possibilities are endless with all the sprinkles, different cupcake liners, frostings, candles, greetings!! I have to admit all this cupcake stuff has had me jonesing for some cupcakes so last weekend I made Easy Black Bottom cupcakes - they were pretty good. But tomorrow I am going to make some triple chocolate goodness-chocolate cupcake with semi-sweet chips inside with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. YUM

phew! Are you still with me?? Here is my card from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge 2 and Beate's Weekend Sketch 33. So fun! Aren't those red heart brads the cutest? They came from Melanie - thanks, girl! She got them at JoAnn's. I also used my pearl glitter from my Stampendous loot for the frosting on the cupcakes! Loved this color combo, Taylor!

Pin It

8 comments on "Happy Cupcake Friday to ME!!"

blah on 10:07 PM CST said...

Lucky Duck!!!! You got some great loot and I love the card you made.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, congrats on winning all those goodies.
I love what you came up with for this weeks sketch! Those cupcakes look darling.
Thanks so much for working with the sketch! Have a great Superbowl Sunday!
Hugs and smiles

Dawn Easton on 8:53 AM CST said...

Donna! This card rocks! I love those cupcakes stamps! May need to order them after holidays..hehe!
What a wonderful bunch of goodies you received!! Fabulous!
Have a great day!

Melanie on 11:38 AM CST said...

totally cute waht you made, gotta go bake some cakes of my own now!!! cna't wait til I get my set!
Ps i heart that scribbly flower, lucky!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:38 PM CST said...

LOVE what you did with the sketch! It is soooooooooooo yummy!

Unknown on 9:41 PM CST said...

Wow Donna!! What an awesome bunch of prizes you got - I love that cupcake set and your card is yummy! :) Congrats on winning!

Velta on 6:45 AM CST said...

Oh My Goodness Donna ~ Congratulations on winning such fun stuff!!! The cupcake card is precious and actually resembles the one I have on my blog today. Your card makes me hungry, but alas, I have quit sugar...well, as much as I can :)

Rose Ann on 12:47 PM CST said...

Awesome goodies, Donna! Congrats again!

Love your card for Beate's sketch too! Wonderful!

Post a Comment