Saturday, February 16, 2008

WSC35 - Easter Blessings


Here is my card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 35 - I totally look forward to doing these although I didn't have to work yesterday, I was BUSY getting ready for my stamp club today. I will post a few projects from that tomorrow. I really like Gina K's Baskets of Happiness because you can use it for more than just Easter but for this card I knew I wanted to make it Easter so I chose Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst and Always Artichoke for my colors. I colored my image with prismas/gamsol and what do you think about my background piece? I totally made it! Yesterday as I was cutting my Just so Hoppy set, I had quite a bit of leftover pieces and since they're on cling foam, thought I could make my own background, sort of like a mosaic or stained glass? I used craft ink so it would show up well. This is what I did:
Lastly, I used my new StylizeD Silver Hodgepodge ribbon slide, rectangle nestabilities and my Ornare piercing template (which I believe I got from Ellen Huston, LLC but I just looked for it to get the link and it's not there, sorry).
Pin It

14 comments on "WSC35 - Easter Blessings"

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for leftover rubber!!!! I just cut some out after mounting it on cling foam- wish I had thought of doing this!!! It came out looking fantastic!!!

** Isa ** on 3:29 AM CST said...

THis card is so gorgeous and what a great idea to use some rubber left overs to make this background...

Enjoy the rest of your week end,

Hugs xxx

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog...

** Isa ** on 3:29 AM CST said...

THis card is so gorgeous and what a great idea to use some rubber left overs to make this background...

Enjoy the rest of your week end,

Hugs xxx

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog...

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings on 8:49 AM CST said...

Oh to be so creative!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:51 AM CST said...

Love this Donna! That homemade background is too cool. . .and I LOVE that paper piercing on there! It's just perfect!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:20 AM CST said...

Donna, beautiful card! Love the way you did the BG... the colors are very pretty! PS: I have my Just so Hoppy set coming. :o)

Angie Tieman on 9:42 AM CST said...

This is soooo cute! Love the stamp you made, it does look just like stained glass, perfect for your Easter card! Love it!

Melanie on 5:45 PM CST said...

This is amazing!! You have to enter this one!!

Unknown on 6:58 PM CST said...

Whsat a great idea Donna!! Beautiful card!! :)

Barbara Schram on 7:39 PM CST said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I will have to give this a try...I know I have a bag of rubber scraps around here somewhere...I just have to find it! lol

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Donna! I am always looking forward to your entry!
I love the background, your main image, the colors and the paper piercing!
Hugs and smiles

Linsey R on 8:19 PM CST said...

Donna, this is so clever! I LOVE your mosiac-like bg, it's totally cool! Even using leftover rubber scraps, you clever lady, you! What a lovely basket of Easter eggs too and your paper piercing is stunning! gorgeous work!

Lee on 8:59 PM CST said...

Awww......I just threw out my pieces from my Just So Hoppy set!! That's okay........I have 3 more sets to do this with! Thanks for sharing such a coooool idea!! And I love the card!!! The pierced design is fabulous!!

Rose Ann on 4:21 AM CST said...

Awesome, Donna! I love your background and piercing!! Your coloring looks fantastic, and I love how you popped the image!!

Post a Comment