Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bloomin' Froggy & Case'ing Melanie


I just had to do it! I cased this Bloomin Baby card of Melanie's from April 2004! I can hardly believe it's almost 4 years old! I remember getting this card in a swap from her and thought it was the cutest! So how fitting for me to CASE it with one of her very own designed stamp sets Just so Hoppy! I love the Terrific Tulips (which I don't think I will get rid of, it's so timeless). Instead of popping the big tulip up like Melanie did on her card, I cut a slit in the cardstock & slipped my frog in. Then figured he should have a little tulip bouquet of his own! I got the sentiment from a retired hostess only set from last year called Blooming with Happiness (stamped on vellum & adhered with celery eyelets). I used my color spritzer tool on the vanilla background with a celery marker. It's just perfect when you don't want a stark empty background.

I'm so very proud of you, Melanie - you've come a long way, baby!!
Pin It

8 comments on "Bloomin' Froggy & Case'ing Melanie"

Linsey R on 8:53 PM CST said...

Oh, he's peeking out of a tulip, how sweet! What a great way to bring these together, Donna! This is a timeless sketch cuz I think it's very fresh and stylish, even at 4 years old! Wow, to have you AND Melanie in the same swap group---pinch me--oh yes, I was dreaming, oh well! This is just too cute, tfs

Melanie on 9:39 PM CST said...

hee hee!!!!!!!!
I almost frogot about that one!! Okay, have to take the T.tulips out of my for sale pile, too, now!!! He fits in there just perfectly, I like it even better than the baby!! gotta make some, thanks for the blast from the past! :)

Debbie Olson on 9:51 PM CST said...

Ohhhh! How cute--I love MelMel's froggie peeking out of the tulips!

Lee on 12:04 AM CST said...

What a cutie patootie peeking out of the flower!!! Wow! What a lovely card.....and what a fun memory!!

Michele Kovack on 10:26 AM CST said...

This is adorable! Love that cute frog!

Catherine on 4:53 PM CST said...

too cute!

Rose Ann on 1:43 AM CST said...

Super cute!! I think I still have my tulip set....hmmmm. I love it!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 10:54 AM CST said...

Oh how sweet! Look at his sweet little face peeking out of the tulips!

Post a Comment